Suncadia Resort | Cle Elum, WA | July 29–August 1, 2018
IEI Summits showcase the vision and passion of a dedicated group of educators and industry experts who come together to create an experience that is unique in the K–12 space: bringing together district leaders who are curious to learn about new ideas and innovations with the entrepreneurs building the next generation of educational tools and services.
- A presentation by Diana Anthony, a former teacher who became partner and co-founder at Figure Eight Investments, a family office that invests in education businesses. Diana’s talk formed the basis of the EdSurge article “Does It Make More Sense to Invest in School Security or SEL?”
- Two film screenings—one a documentary about a basketball tournament in a remote Alaskan school district; another a fictionalized story of drug addiction, rehabilitation, and redemption—followed by Q&A sessions with the directors
- An open discussion around how school districts can support and protect transgender students
- Ample time for district leaders to connect and seek feedback from their peers
- Two afternoon blocks dedicated small-group discussions between organizational and educational leaders
IEI’s long-term goal is to build a family of entrepreneurs and educational leaders who care deeply about improving outcomes for kids and their families. By working together, we believe we can incubate the next generation of solutions to the age-old challenges facing our schools and communities.
To join future events, check out our Summits page for updates.
On behalf of our Board of Directors and Advisory Board, thank you to everyone who played a part in making our Summer Summit a success, and our sincerest gratitude to gold sponsor Classlink!